Hey Folks. Been crazy and busy and crazy busy. I’m doing my best to get back into the swing of writing posts and I have a number of things to catch-up on. With so many breweries in the city it’s sometimes hard to keep up with everything that’s happening. So, if I’ve missed something in this update, please either let me know via email <firstname.lastname@example.org> or post a comment about it.
- Torque Brewing has released this years edition of their Foundation Pale Ale. This year Torque has partnered with the Never Alone Foundation to raise funds in support of those affected by cancer. Torque will be donating $4 from every case of foundation to this worthy cause. The beer is out now, and It’s good.
- Torque also has two more beers to mention. One is new and one is a seasonal favorite. Czech Please Bohemian Pilsner is out now while their seasonal hefeweizen Magnetic North will be coming out soon. They’ve also got some fun beers at their taproom. Be sure to check their website and follow them on twitter for updates.
- Half Pints Queer Beer is available now around the city. This is a seasonal favorite. They also have their holy trinity beers coming out this month, so watch for those.
- Barn Hammer has made my life, and yours, a bit easier to know what sort of fun events they will be hosting/participating in. They’ve launched an events page to keep you up to date.
- Barn Hammer has also started canning beers and you can find those around town. They’ve also brought back their Old Friar Mead made with honey from Bee Project Apiaries. So be sure to check that out. All their current beers are listed here.
- Stone Angel is consistently brewing up a storm for their sweet taproom down Pembina Highway. They’ve brewed a collaborative beer with Brazen Hall that is worth giving a try. Also, If you’ve not been, I’d encourage you to go. They were brewing just the other day and will likely have some new beers for June. Follow them on twitter for all the updates (including their 60 glass series) and check out their current beer list here.
- Oxus has their beer available around town now. I’d encourage you to try it if you haven’t yet. This is the latest brewery to open its doors here in Winnipeg and I’m excited to see what else they come up with. Currently they have three beers.
- One Great City has some new beers since I last wrote. They’ve got a Kettle Sour and a Scotch Ale that are well worth trying out. They’ve also got a Black IPA that will be coming in the near future and often do Cask Nights. If you are looking for a place to watch the Jets beat Vegas, check them out and try these beers.
- Finally I wanted to talk about Kilter. They’ve started brewing some prototype beers at One Great City and I’d encourage you to head down and try them out. This is the good news. In really horrible news, they have lost their space. You can read about that here. What I want to say is that if you are a realtor/building owner/anyone that can help them out with a new space, please get in touch with them. It’s really heartbreaking for them and if the community can help, I hope they do.
I am sure I’ve missed something, and if I have, please let me know. Also, if you have something you’d like me to highlight, please send it my way so I can do so.