Good morning folks! It’s been another week with a number of fun beer related things happening. It’s getting hard to keep up. I’ve got a lot of stuff on my list to do for this blog, I just need to find the time to do them. Luckily there is no shortage of beers to keep people occupied.
Here are some things that are coming up in the beer community here in Winnipeg. If you have any events or releases you’d like included, contact me at email@example.com
- Two things from Barn Hammer to highlight this week.
- Last week I mentioned they had released a full-batch of their Strawbarian Milkshake IPA. I had some, enjoyed it, and so if you haven’t you might want to try. They only had a few bottles at the brewery yesterday so you might want to check liquormarts inventory and the beer vendors who stock craft (Quality Inn, Econolodge, Tux, and Charleswood).
- Yesterday at 5pm the International Women’s Collaborative Brewday beer was launched. This Rooibos infused witbier was brewed by an incredibly talented all-women team of brewers. “Witch Hunt” as it is called is available now and I suggest you get down and drink some.
- Stone Angel continues to do some really fun stuff with their “60 Glasses” series. The last one, a Black Cherry (Bam ba lam) cider went super fast. I suggest you follow them on twitter to be kept in the loop to what is coming up. They’ve also recently released a Radler called Onkel Georg. So get down there and try it out along with their other beers.
- Half Pints seasonal Pothole Porter is out now. This beautifully delicious Baltic Porter is the perfect beer for Pothole season. It’s available all over town as well as at the brewery. As well, in super exciting news, they’ve got on their “upcoming beers” list Holy Trinity. This is a pack of three Belgian style beers and I’m psyched.
- Torque Brewing continues to have fun stuff on at their taproom, including a new White Out White IPA in honour of the Jets. They’ve got some new stuff coming out in the near future. For their full release calendar, remember to check this post here. Next up appears to be a Dopplebock, that sounds good.
- Oxus Brewing Company has released beer! This is an amazing thing. Oxus has been working so hard to get the brewery open. It’s a one-man-show for the most part and I’m really impressed with what he has been able to accomplish. The first two beers from Oxus are Juice of the Oats Oatmeal Stout and Transoxania India Pale Ale in 650 ml bottles. You can get them at Liquormarts and Beer Vendors around town (Quality Inn, Charleswood Beer Market and others). A third beer, Canadian Dream Blonde Ale is on at various beer vendors around town. I’ve had the IPA and and the Stout and I thought they were quite well done.
- Joel Carleton of Bee’s Knees is partnering with Winnipeg Tasting Tours for a Beer and Chocolate tasting. It sounds delicious, so if you like those things and are curious about them being paired together, consider checking it out.
- Finally this week, Surly is bringing in some new beers for us to enjoy. You can expect to find Surly Hell and First Avenue +1 Golden Ale around town next week. That will be followed by a very small quantity of Barrel Aged 2017 Darkness (aww yeah). In June, along with some surprises for Flatlanders, we will see variety packs start to arrive. The first includes Hell, Furious, X-Citra and 60 Below Rye Pale Ale. Expect some write-ups on these as they start to arrive.
I’m STILL planning to get down to visit Kilter and do a follow-up to my initial post on them. I also finally got a chance to do my write-up on Torque’s Fake News. Please, get out and try the beers I’ve listed here, and then some. Support your favorite local breweries and definitely give them a try if you haven’t.
I am sure I am missing some awesome news in the beer community. If you’ve got something you’d like include, send me a mail – firstname.lastname@example.org