The craft beer advent calendar, 2014, is complete. It has been a really interesting 24 beers with a lot of variety and a veritable world tour of brews. My wife asked if I’d be interested in doing this again. ABSOLUTELY. It was a fantastic experience that gave me the opportunity to try beers that I might never have the chance to try again. I certainly hope I can for some of them, others…I’m okay not having them again.
So, let us wrap up the post with some statistics.
- We had 24 beers all of which were a different style or variation on a style.
- We visited:
|o United States (3)
o Netherlands (2)
o Germany (2)
o Brazil (2)
o Guyane Francaise
o England (2)
o New Zealand
o South Africa
- We managed to hit 6 continents through this with the following stats
- Europe (Scotland, Finland, Norway, England, Iceland, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, and Italy)
- North America (United States, Mexico)
- South America (Guyane Francaise, Brazil)
- Asia (Israel)
- Africa (South Africa)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
Certainly the majority of the beers came from the European countries with absolutely NONE coming from Canada. We had some repeat countries as listed above with 3 coming from the United States as the top contributor.
Now. My favorite beer for the entire 24 days. It’s actually rather funny that I should have my favorite beer on the fourth day of the Calendar! My favorite beer from the entire calendar comes to us from:
Peak Brewing Company in Portland, Maine and is the Hop Blanc
Thanks so much for following along. I hope that you enjoyed these reviews and found them useful. I hope that you continue to follow along as I continue to blog about beer news and reviews.
– Beer Winnipeg