Hey Folks. I had a fantastic vacation over in Hawaii but, sadly, all vacations come to an end and I’ve been back in Winnipeg for a little while. December is a busy month of posting for me, so I took a bit of a break to recharge and get ramped up for another year of Beer Winnipeg.
To get started, Beer News is back on Fridays, so let’s get to that. Here are some things that are coming up in the beer community here in Winnipeg. If you have any events or releases you’d like included, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can still find Torque’s “Winter Survival Pack“ at around the city. This 6-pack includes a Double IPA, Wee Heavy, Roasted Coffee Porter, a Stout, a Dunkelweizen and a Wheat Wine. It probably won’t last long so if you’ve not gotten one yet, go get some now!
- Torque will also be participating in International Gruit Day which is super exciting. For more information on who else is participating in this day check-out the official website. This interesting and unique style of beer is enjoyable to drink. For more information on the style check here.
- Nonsuch’s Old Ale, is available around town. It’s tasty and I’d encourage you to grab some. This 10% beer is caged and corked and will cellar well. This is the second beer from Nonsuch, who’s Saison can also be found around town.
- To coincide with the Lunar Eclispe on January 31st, Nonsuch and Barn Hammer will be releasing a collaboration brew at the brewery. This “Lune Noire” is a dark saison and if you had a chance to try some last year, you know it’s really good.
- Barn Hammer also has a new test batch out that is worth checking out. This peanut butter milk stout is sure to go quick. While you’re down there, if they have any of their Brett Barley Wine left, check that out too.
- Today at Trans Canada you can start stopping in to grab a growler and go. These pre-filled growlers of their Amber and IPA will be available at the brewery starting today.
- Surly Gives a Damn is going to be holding another charitable event here in Winnipeg in support of Winnipeg Harvest on February 13th. This is a great opportunity to help out the local community and celebrate with free Surly beer afterwards. Details and signup info is here.
- Quality Inn Beer Store is undergoing some sweet renovations to expand their space and make room for all the awesome beers they are bringing in. If you haven’t been there recently, I suggest you go. They are bringing in a huge selection of beers that you can’t find anywhere else.
- Lastly, I guarantee there are a lot of beers that need drinking around the city and I’m sure I’ve missed some cool events and stuff coming up. If you know of anything coming up, let me know so I can feature it. In the meantime, checkout the stuff above and go to the open breweries in the city and drink some beer.
I’ve got a list of beers I want to drink, people I want to interview and events to attend. I’m excited to be doing this for another year and hope that you folks will follow along with what is happening.