Hey folks. Here are some of the things happening in the local beer scene:
- Torque has released their “Winter Survival Pack“. This 6-pack includes a Double IPA, Wee Heavy, Roasted Coffee Porter, a Stout, a Dunkelweizen and a Wheat Wine. It is available now.
- Nonsuch has released their second beer, an Old Ale, that is available exclusively at the Quality Inn Craft Beer Store. This 10% beer is caged and corked and will cellar well. This is the second beer from Nonsuch, who released their Saison a couple of weeks ago.
- Rae’s Bistro is celebrating 1 year of operation this week. If you haven’t been, it’s a great little bistro serving excellent food and local craft beers. To celebrate they are expanding their weekly cask night into a three day event. Thursday has come and gone, but tonight Barn Hammer will have a cask of Saturday Night Lumberjack, and tomorrow Torque will be there with a cask of their own.
- Trans Canada Brewing is releasing their first bottles. A Small batch release of a Cranberry Chocolate Stout. This will be available today at the Taproom and at the Quality Inn Craft Beer Store.
- Mark your calendars folks. Half Pints’ 12 Beers Of Christmas is back again and bringing a variety of interesting and unique beers from this powerhouse of a local craft brewery. This is happening on December 23rd at the brewery. Details here.
- If you are looking for plans for New Years Eve there are a couple of options where beer is heavily involved. The 6th annual Resolution NYE Gala will be taking place at a new venue this year, the Delta downtown Winnipeg. It should be a fantastic event that includes both local breweries and Capital K spirits. For more info and to buy tickets check here.
- As well, Peg Beer Co. will be having a Beer vs Wine New Years Eve dinner that should prove to be fantastic as well. Chef Aaron Epp will be cooking up some sweet foods to be paired along with both beer and wine. For details, menu, and tickets check here.
- Finally, a ways into the future, January 29th, Barn Hammer and A Loaf and Honey will be hosting a 5 course beer dinner at Barn Hammer’s Taproom. The event sounds awesome and I hope everyone checks it out. More details and ticket info here.
That’s all I have for this week. I’d like to request your help. If you become aware of any cool beer news, events, or upcoming items that you think are worth sending out, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for following along