Here are some things that have happened or will be soon happening in beer
- Today is the first day of the various Craft Beer Advent Calendars. I hope folks who got their hands on them are as excited to see what’s contained inside as I am. I will be blogging about the Craft Beer Advent Calendar from craft beer importers. Look for my post on the first beer later today.
- Torque have (always) got a number of interesting small batch releases at their taproom and they have also released the names and specific beers for their winter survival pack which is coming out in December.
- Nonsuch has released their bottles. They’ve been sent to a distributor for distribution around town. Expect to see them at select liquor marts and beer vendors. For Liquor Marts you can watch store inventory here. Nonsuch is also starting to bottle their Old Ale which means we will hopefully be able to get our hands on that.
- Barn Hammer has released their Fur Trader Winter Ale and it is available on tap and in bottles at the taproom. It should also be available in bottles at local Winnipeg liquor marts soon. Check the inventory for stores here. They also have a Strawberry Milkshake IPA on at their tap room right now.
- You can still get Damien, Furious Black IPA, and the 2016 bottle of Darkness at Liquor Marts around the city. The 2017 bottle of Darkness will be released tomorrow (It’ll be a good day for big beer lovers).
- Half Pints will be releasing it’s Barley Wine (Burlywine) for the first time since 2014. This will be tomorrow as well and if you like Barley Wines, put it in your calendar.
- Kilter Brewing have collaborated with 2 crows brewing in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on a Hawaiian Ivory Milkshake IPA. It is being released at 2 crows this weekend and we should see it making it’s way out here to Manitoba soon.
- Little Brown Jug will be celebrating 1 year of brewing on December 9th. They will have treats, beers, and brewery tours to enjoy at the brewery. For more details check here.
- If you are looking for plans for New Years Eve there are a couple of options where beer is heavily involved. The 6th annual Resolution NYE Gala will be taking place at a new venue this year, the Delta downtown Winnipeg. It should be a fantastic event that includes both local breweries and Capital K spirits. For more info and to buy tickets check here.
- As well, Peg Beer Co. will be having a Beer vs Wine New Years Eve dinner that should prove to be fantastic as well. Chef Aaron Epp will be cooking up some sweet foods to be paired along with both beer and wine. For details, menu, and tickets check here.
That’s all I have for this week. I’d like to request your help. If you become aware of any cool beer news, events, or upcoming items that you think are worth sending out, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for following along