Here are some things that have happened or will be soon happening in beer
- Torque’s Rabbit Punch Black IPA seasonal is expected soon. Also, they’ve got a number of interesting small batch releases at their taproom. As that fast approaches be sure to follow them on twitter for specifics on release dates.
- Stone Angel has released Mountjoy X, it’s new Irish Stout. You can get it at their taproom which is open today at 3:30pm.
- Half-Pints has released their fantastic Double IPA Humulous Ludicrous which is available now at their tap room.
- Nonsuch is finally going to be selling some Bottles. On November 17th from 4-10pm they will be selling limited quantities of their saison in bottles at Barn Hammer (595 Wall Street). Details here.
- Surly is sending their Abrasive double IPA to Winnipeg. It should be available at Quality Inn, Park West, and the Canad Inns Winnipeg locations. As well, the second of four “Embrace the Darkness” beers came out today. Furious Black IPA is available at select liquor marts and Quality Inn. Write-up coming soon.
- It’s almost the 3rd Wednesday of the month which means Barn Hammer‘s monthly Barn Raising is coming up. As well, Barn Hammer has a new Root Beer Stout test batch that is on today. Taproom opens at 4pm.
- The Parallel 49 and Central City advent calendar – The Great White Wonder – is on sale now. Find it at liquor marts around the city.
- Restaurants Canada, a non-profit group representing more than 30,000 food service professions, is seeking to level the playing field. They feel it is unfair that hotel vendors and some delivery services can sell booze offsite. Article here.
- 35 year old Stony Mountain Resident Steve Hupe, is one of eight finalists in Innis and Gunn’s “imagine” beer contest. If his rye-Barrel aged Saskatoon berry saison gets enough votes he’ll travel to Scotland to brew the beer. Story here
- Finally, so there is plenty of notice, Half Pints will be releasing it’s Barley Wine (Burlywine) for the first time since 2014. This will be on December 2nd and if you like Barley Wines, put it in your calendar.
That’s all I have for this week. I’d like to request your help. If you become aware of any cool beer news, events, or upcoming items that you think are worth sending out, please send them to me at email@example.com
Thanks for following along