Here are some things that have happened or will be soon happening in beer
- Torque’s Rabbit Punch Black IPA seasonal is rolling out to Liquor Marts and Beer Vendors around town. Also, they’ve got a number of interesting small batch releases at their taproom. As that fast approaches be sure to follow them on twitter for specifics on release dates.
- Nonsuch is going to be selling some Bottles (yes!). On November 17th from 4-10pm they will be selling limited quantities of their Saison in bottles at Barn Hammer (595 Wall Street). Details here. They also will have an Oud Brun on tap. Nonsuch has also put a new Tripel on at the Common at the Forks.
- Surly is sending their Abrasive double IPA to Winnipeg. It is available at Quality Inn, Park West, and the Canad Inns Winnipeg locations. As well, the second of four “Embrace the Darkness” beers came out today. Furious Black IPA is available at select liquor marts and Quality Inn. Write-up here.
- Finally from Surly we’ve got the latest from the Embrace the Darkness campaign. On November 18th Damien, son of darkness, will be at Liquor Marts and some beer vendors around town.
- An awesome sounding pop-up dinner, teeming with delicious craft cocktails, educational demonstrations, and of course, a specially crafted 3-course dinner for will be taking place at the Delta hotel downtown, 6:30 pmFriday November 24. Get your tickets at www.winnipegtastingtours.ca and hurry, we can only seat so many folks around our dinner table! at the downtown Delta. Alex Weiss from TransCanada Brewing will be there giving a demonstration and pouring a beer cocktail.
- Finally, so there is plenty of notice, Half Pints will be releasing it’s Barley Wine (Burlywine) for the first time since 2014. This will be on December 2nd and if you like Barley Wines, put it in your calendar.
That’s all I have for this week. I’d like to request your help. If you become aware of any cool beer news, events, or upcoming items that you think are worth sending out, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for following along